Guide on Publication Of Name and Company Registration Number Section 30 of the Companies Act 2016
Publication Of Name – Under Section 30 of Companies Act, 2016
Every director and officer of the company are advised to refer to the Guide to display the company name with company number as required under this Section .
(1) A company must display its registered name and company registration number at-
(a) its registered office;
(b) every place where his business is carried on; and
(c) every place where its books are kept
(2) A company shall disclose its registered name and company registration number on-
(a) its business letter, notices and other official publications, including in electronic form;
(b) its website;
(c) its bill of exchange, promissory note, endorsement and order forms;
(d) cheques purporting to be signed by or on behalf of the company;
(e) order invoices and other demands for payment, receipts and letters of credit purporting to be issued or signed by or on behalf of the company; and
(f) all other forms of its business correspondence and documentation.
(3) The Registrar shall determine the manner a registered name is to be displayed or disclosed by a company.
(4) For the purpose of subsection (2), where a company changed its name under section 28 or 29, the former name of the company shall appear beneath its presend registered name for a period of not less than twelve months from the date of change.
(5) The Company and every officer who contravene this section commits an offense.