If you’re asked, “How to register a company in Malaysia?” and have decided to invest in Malaysia then you have made a wise decision. You are at the right place.
This article is written for those who intend to start a Limited Liability Company (LLC) in Malaysia. LLC is short for Limited Liability Company. It’s a type of legal business entity that was developed to provide business owners with a lower level of liability.
The following information will guide you regarding how to register a Company (Sdn bhd) in Malaysia.
Engage a Company Secretary
Firstly, you will need to engage the service of a company secretary to help you to complete the company registration process.
Every Company LLC in Malaysia must have at least one company secretary in the LLC and the company secretary must be a member of a professional body or licensed by Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM).
Secondly, your company secretary should advise the director to provide the information “What I need from you to Register a Company in Malaysia”
- Name of your new Company
- Business activities of your new Company (3 major business activities)
- Identity card (Malaysian) or Passport (Foreigner) of at least 1 director & 1 shareholder
- Latest Residential & Email addresses of all directors & shareholders
- Percentage of Shareholding structure
- Business Address (optional)
Thirdly, when receiving the above information and documentation of Register a Company in Malaysia, the company secretary must complete the information for the name of the company to SSM via MYCOID system and the fee is RM50.00 for each name applied for their approval of using the name in the new company.
If the name is approved by SSM, the name is reserved for 30 days. The applicant can then apply for incorporation with a fee of RM1,000.00.
The Company Secretary must do Lodgment of application to incorporate the company within 30 days from the name approved by SSM.
Once incorporated, the company is advised to obtain the necessary license/permit/approval from the relevant authorities before commencing business.
The Picture of Flowchart – Show your the Procedures of incorporate Sdn bhd
- Requirement for approval of company name from SSM.
- The company’s incorporation application is online using one of the two (2) incorporation methods:
- Direct incorporation – combination of name reservation and incorporation process; or
- Name reservation – submitting the incorporation application within 30 days or such longer period as the Registrar may allow (maximum of 180 days) after the name is approved.
- Incorporation information that needs to be completed is as follows
- The proposed company name
- The status of a private or public company
- The proposed type of business
- The address of registered office
- The business address
- Complete details of directors(s) and promoter(s)
- Declaration from directors(s) and promoter(s)
- Declaration of compliance from individuals responsible for incorporation
- Additional Documents (if any)
- Please click here to incorporate a local company
For your information you may refer to the following the guidelines for the incorporation of local Companies with SSM website for further detail:-